The purpose of the CBCC Program Internship is to develop individuals interested in pursuing camp/conference center ministry into effective leaders at the conclusion of their one year internship (September through August).
Our emphasis is competency and growth. The internship is about growing – learning new skills, developing a better idea of why we do what we do in programming for children and youth and most importantly growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ. Our expectation is that by the time your internship is over that you would be fully equipped to step into any youth or children’s program and create a program that will effectively meet the needs of the kids you are working with and help them clearly understand the gospel and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Learn how God has shaped you by discovering your spiritual gifts and abilities, grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ, and grow as a leader
- Attend the Murdock Intern Retreat along with intern supervisor and other interns sponsored by the Murdock Foundation across the northwest.
- Participate in our International Staff Exchange by visiting Camp Roblealto in Costa Rica to gain more experience in a camp setting and help with their summer camp.
- Assist in leading the Charis Kids Preschool and After School program during the school year by leading games, activities, and lessons
- Assist in supervising the recreation center by working recreation center shifts, helping train recreation center worker, and supervising the recreation center when the recreation center supervisor is not on the grounds.
- Assist in planning, creating, and carrying out conferences that include children and youth programs during the school year
- Create, plan, and run the spring break day camp
- Help facilitate our challenge course elements including big swing and zip line
- Participate in an outside ministry based on the intern’s area of interest. Example: leading a bible study for other CBCC staff, helping lead a children’s or youth program at a church or parachurch organization
- Meet with the program supervisors who will mentor them and facilitate their spiritual growth in Christ and understanding of how to create, develop, and carry out children and youth programs in a Christian camp/conference setting
- Work with the food service and housekeeping departments with the goal of being trained to be in a leadership position
- Meet with other interns and staff in leadership positions in the Leadership Program for support, spiritual growth, accountability and learning about leadership